Super Reef Octopus SRO 3000ext Recirculating External Protein Skimmer
Reefspecialty.com Price Matching
Submit the URL of the product page where you saw a lower price and we’ll try our best to match the price. We will match all our major competitors. Please make sure you are looking at the exact same product and that the competitor has the product IN STOCK.
SRO 3000 Recirculating External Protein Skimmer
Rated for Aquariums up to 400 Gallons
Footprint: 16″ x 13.5″ | Body Diameter: 8″ | Height: 26″
Powered by: Bubble Blaster 3000 Pinwheel Pump
Our Highest Level of Protein Skimmers
The Super Reef Octopus 3000ext offers the very pinnacle of external recirculating protein skimmer performance up to a 400 gallon aquariums. All the latest skimmer design innovations can be found on this SRO3000ext model including:
- Bubble Diffusing Chamber and Hybrid Cone Body that naturally reduces and stabilizes the foam production; This means less turbulence in the neck area and more contact time for organics to rise and collect
- Oversized Air Silencer for quiet operation and airline mount
- Large Collection Cup with flow directional guide, drain and unit venting
- Precision Control with the easy to turn output flow valve
- Power The Bubble Blaster HY-3000 pinwheel pump offers super efficiency and the very best in performance. The Bubble Blaster is designed to enhance filtration by employing the innovative pinwheel impeller which delivers more bubbles in greater volume with low energy consumption and heat emission.
- Recirculating Design for Enhanced Control & Performance
- High Performance Pump
- Max injection Venturi Air Injection System
- Refined Hybrid (half cone) Skimmer Body for Greater Foamate Stabilization & Collection
- Over Sized Collection Cup with Drain
- Bubble Dispersant Plate
- Precision Water Level Control Output Valve
- Low Heat
- Air Silencer
- Solid Construction
- 3yr Pump Warranty
- 400 Gallon – Light Filtration Demand | 300 Gallon – Medium Filtration Demand | 250 Gallon – Heavy Filtration Demand
Body Size: 8″
Footprint: 16″ x 13.5″
Neck Size: 5″
Total Height: 26″
Output Size: 50mm - Comes with Metric to British Adapter to 1.5”pvc
Output Height: 8.85″
Inlet Size: 3/4"
Max Feed Rate: 700GPH
Note: Suggest Feed Rate is 1.5-2 times the system volume
Bubble Blaster 3000 Pinwheel Pump
Air Draw: 1,100 lph / 39 SCFH*
Water Recirculation: 1,600 lph / 425 GPH*
*Air and water results will vary depending on aquarium setup
2 year warranty on pump and 1 year on skimmer body
Octopus Automatic Skimmer Neck Cleaner
Octopus motorized (ANC) Automated Neck Cleaner helps keeps your octopus protein skimmer running at peak performance by periodically wiping the inside of the neck where all the bio-organics usually would accumulate. This great skimmer accessory not only keeps you skimmer running at peak efficiency but save the timely chore of keeping your skimmers neck clean. As you know, build up in the neck causes foam to stick to the sides and restricting the collection of skimmate within the skimmers cup.
Keeping the neck wall clean results in consistent skimmer performance and little to no down time. This device uses twin squeegees to automatically remove the buildup from a skimmer neck. The SRO (ANC) consists of a high torque low RPM motor, wiper mount, lid with mounting clamps and the squeegees.
To operate this easy to you device, you simply plug the unit into a timer (not included) or aquarium controller and set it to run for a few minutes 4 to 6 times per day. By running it this way you will never experience crud build up along the walls of you skimmers neck. This will eliminate the daily chore of cleaning for two or more weeks while maintaining the level of skimmate production that you would normally get with only a freshly-washed collection cup.
Visit the link below for further information on the SRO line of skimmers including user experiences.
- Additional Information
UPC No Manufacturer Reef Octopus