Super Reef Octopus SRO 1000 In-Sump Protein Skimmer
Reefspecialty.com Price Matching
Submit the URL of the product page where you saw a lower price and we’ll try our best to match the price. We will match all our major competitors. Please make sure you are looking at the exact same product and that the competitor has the product IN STOCK.
SRO 1000 In-Sump Protein Skimmer
Rated for Aquariums up to 125 Gallons
Footprint: 11″ x 7.5″ | Body Diameter: 5″ | Height: 19.75″
Powered by: Bubble Blaster 1000 Pinwheel Pump
High Performance Pump
Max injection Venturi Air Injection System
Refined Hybrid (half cone) Skimmer Body for Greater Foamate Stabilization & Collection
Over Sized Collection Cup with Drain
Bubble Dispersant Plate
Precision Water Level Control Output Valve
3yr Pump Warranty
Our Highest Level of Protein Skimmers
We are proud to introduce you to our baby of our Super Reef Octopus product line, the SRO-1000. You will find all of the most innovative skimmer designs featured in this small skimmer including:
- Bubble Diffusing Chamber and Hybrid Cone Body that naturally reduces and stabilizes the foam production; This means less turbulence in the neck area and more contact time for organics to rise and collect
- Oversized Air Silencer for quiet operation and airline mount
- Large Collection Cup with flow directional guide, drain and unit venting
- Precision Control with the easy to turn output flow valve
- Power The Bubble Blaster HY-1000 pinwheel pump offers super efficiency and the very best in performance. The Bubble Blaster is designed to enhance filtration by employing the innovative pinwheel impeller which delivers more bubbles in greater volume with low energy consumption and heat emission.
- 125 Gallon – Light Filtration Demand | 90 Gallon – Medium Filtration Demand | 75 Gallon – Heavy Filtration Demand
Body Size: 5″
Footprint: 11″ x 7.5″
Neck Size: 3″
Total Height: 19.75″
Output Size: 40mm - Comes with Metric to British Adapter to 1.25”pvc
Output Height: 6.7″
Note: Recommended Sump Water Depth: 5.5"-5.75"
Bubble Blaster 1000 Pinwheel Pump
Air Draw: 540 lph / 19 SCFH*
Water Draw: 565 lph / 150 GPH*
*Air and water results will vary depending on aquarium setup
Warranty - 3 year warranty on pump and 1 year on skimmer body
In-sump application only Recommended sump water level: 5.5-5.75″
Octopus Automatic Skimmer Neck Cleaner
Octopus motorized (ANC) Automated Neck Cleaner helps keeps your octopus protein skimmer running at peak performance by periodically wiping the inside of the neck where all the bio-organics usually would accumulate. This great skimmer accessory not only keeps you skimmer running at peak efficiency but save the timely chore of keeping your skimmers neck clean. As you know, build up in the neck causes foam to stick to the sides and restricting the collection of skimmate within the skimmers cup.
Keeping the neck wall clean results in consistent skimmer performance and little to no down time. This device uses twin squeegees to automatically remove the buildup from a skimmer neck. The SRO (ANC) consists of a high torque low RPM motor, wiper mount, lid with mounting clamps and the squeegees.
To operate this easy to you device, you simply plug the unit into a timer (not included) or aquarium controller and set it to run for a few minutes 4 to 6 times per day. By running it this way you will never experience crud build up along the walls of you skimmers neck. This will eliminate the daily chore of cleaning for two or more weeks while maintaining the level of skimmate production that you would normally get with only a freshly-washed collection cup.
Visit the link below for further information on the SRO line of skimmers including user experiences.
- Additional Information
UPC No Manufacturer Reef Octopus