Salifert Test Kit Nitrite (N02) Marine Aquariums
Reefspecialty.com Price Matching
Submit the URL of the product page where you saw a lower price and we’ll try our best to match the price. We will match all our major competitors. Please make sure you are looking at the exact same product and that the competitor has the product IN STOCK.
Salifert aquarium test kits, produced in Holland, are considered by many professional aquarists - especially reef aquarists - as the best kits on the market. Salifert test kits are known for being extremely precise and accurate, unaffected by interfering chemicals and elements, and covering a wide range of basic tests and reef tests, including strontium tests (strontium is notoriously difficult to test accurately) and tests you can't get anywhere else. Bold colors changes remove all question about readings. Protect your aquarium investment with these exemplary test kits.
- In a properly cycled aquarium, nitrite is converted to nitrate and then, if there are areas deprived of oxygen such as in live rock and other filter materials, this nitrate is converted back to nitrite and then transformed into harmless nitrogen gas.
- If this cycle breaks down then nitrites, which are extremely toxic to fish and invertebrates, can form in high concentration.
- Many nitrite test kits suffer from interference caused by amines e.g. naturally occurring and essential amino acids. This can result in a too low measured value, especially when the nitrite concentration is relatively low.
- Because of its unique formulation, the Salifert Test Kit does not suffer from amine interference, and offers full color development within one minute. Also, the color is very intense making the detection of even minute traces of nitrite easy.
- The test kit has two different scales: an ultra-low scale for nitrite-nitrogen which ranges from 0.002 - 0.12 mg/L, and a medium scale for nitrite-nitrogen which ranges from 0.02 - 1.2 mg/L.
- Sufficient for 50 tests.
- Can be used for marine water, frewshwater and garden pond water
- Additional Information