Salifert Test Kit Nitrate (N03) Marine Aquariums
Reefspecialty.com Price Matching
Submit the URL of the product page where you saw a lower price and we’ll try our best to match the price. We will match all our major competitors. Please make sure you are looking at the exact same product and that the competitor has the product IN STOCK.
Salifert aquarium test kits, produced in Holland, are considered by many professional aquarists - especially reef aquarists - as the best kits on the market. Salifert test kits are known for being extremely precise and accurate, unaffected by interfering chemicals and elements, and covering a wide range of basic tests and reef tests, including strontium tests (strontium is notoriously difficult to test accurately) and tests you can't get anywhere else. Bold colors changes remove all question about readings. Protect your aquarium investment with these exemplary test kits.
- When there are insufficient areas of a tank which are deprived of oxygen (anaerobic zones) or denitrification is not taking place properly, nitrate will build up. This can also happen in an aquarium where the biological loading on the system is causing an imbalance e.g. if there is excessive livestock for the aquarium volume or over feeding is occurring.
- The build up of nitrate can result in unwanted algae growth and the slowing down of coral growth.
- The nitrate concentration in a reef aquarium should be lower than 1 mg/L, although fish only aquariums would usually have a higher concentration.
- Just as with nitrite, many nitrate test kits are prone to amine interference which can make the levels of nitrate appear much lower than they actually are.
- The Salifert test kit does not suffer from such interference and gives accurate and quick results with a total testing time of less than 3 minutes.
- The test kit’s range goes from a very low to a very high nitrate concentration (approx. 0.2 - 100 mg/L as total nitrate).
- Sufficient for 50 tests.
- Additional Information
UPC N/A Manufacturer Salifert