Salifert Test Kit Magnesium (Mg) Marine Aquariums
Reefspecialty.com Price Matching
Submit the URL of the product page where you saw a lower price and we’ll try our best to match the price. We will match all our major competitors. Please make sure you are looking at the exact same product and that the competitor has the product IN STOCK.
Salifert aquarium test kits, produced in Holland, are considered by many professional aquarists - especially reef aquarists - as the best kits on the market. Salifert test kits are known for being extremely precise and accurate, unaffected by interfering chemicals and elements, and covering a wide range of basic tests and reef tests, including strontium tests (strontium is notoriously difficult to test accurately) and tests you can't get anywhere else. Bold colors changes remove all question about readings. Protect your aquarium investment with these exemplary test kits.
- Magnesium is present in natural sea water in a fairly high concentration (1350 - 1500 mg/L) and is an essential element of chlorophyll which is necessary for photosynthesis. Without photosynthesis plants, algae and coral would not be able to survive.
- Magnesium also helps to maintain the correct combination of calcium concentration and alkalinity as it slows down the formation of calcium carbonate which can absorb many important trace elements within the aquarium.
- Maintaining a correct magnesium concentration is therefore very important and is indirectly responsible for fast coral and calcareous algae growth by making it possible to maintain correct calcium and alkalinity figures.
- Magnesium is depleted by algae growth and also by the use of excessive kalkwasser or by going far beyond natural calcium, alkalinity and pH values.
- The Salifert Magnesium Profi-Test is easy to use and accurate with measurements in steps of 30 mg/L.
- Results are not affected by strontium and calcium interference.
- Can be used for marine water only.
- Calcium and strontium will not interfere when their total concentration is between 200 and 650 ppm. This is mostly the case.
- Up to 50 tests.
- Additional Information
UPC N/A Manufacturer Salifert