Salifert Test Kit Iodine (I2) Marine Aquariums
Reefspecialty.com Price Matching
Submit the URL of the product page where you saw a lower price and we’ll try our best to match the price. We will match all our major competitors. Please make sure you are looking at the exact same product and that the competitor has the product IN STOCK.
Salifert aquarium test kits, produced in Holland, are considered by many professional aquarists - especially reef aquarists - as the best kits on the market. Salifert test kits are known for being extremely precise and accurate, unaffected by interfering chemicals and elements, and covering a wide range of basic tests and reef tests, including strontium tests (strontium is notoriously difficult to test accurately) and tests you can't get anywhere else. Bold colors changes remove all question about readings. Protect your aquarium investment with these exemplary test kits.
- Iodine is present in natural sea water in a very low concentration (0.6 mg/L or 0.06 PPM) and this iodine occurs as several different species including iodide, iodate, molecular iodine and hypoiodite.
- There is a misconception among many hobbyists that iodide predominates in natural sea water but in fact, it is iodate which is the predominant element.
- Test kits which are not capable of detecting iodate are not suitable for aquarium use, since in a properly functioning tank most of the iodide will be transferred to iodate and any test kits not able to detect iodate will give a false, low iodine reading.
- Iodine test kits should be capable of measuring all forms of naturally occurring iodine. The Salifert Test Kit is the only one offering this feature, measuring all naturally occurring iodine compounds and giving a reading of total iodine concentration.
- Unlike many other test kits, the Salifert Iodine Profi-Test is free from interference from other elements found in saltwater, which means the results obtained are very accurate.
- Color remains stable for several hours.
- Scale goes from 0.01 - 0.15ppm and optimum level is 0.06 mg/L.
- Can provide up to 40 tests.
- For marine use only.
- Additional Information