Reef Octopus Regal 150sss 6" Space Saving Skimmer With VarioS Pump
Reefspecialty.com Price Matching
Submit the URL of the product page where you saw a lower price and we’ll try our best to match the price. We will match all our major competitors. Please make sure you are looking at the exact same product and that the competitor has the product IN STOCK.
Compact In-Sump Protein Skimmer with Enhanced Control
The new and innovative Reef Octopus Regal 150-SSS in-sump protein skimmer supplies powerful filtration for aquariums up to 210 gallons where sump space may be limited. The Reef Octopus Regal 150-SSS is constructed of high-quality cast acrylic that disassembles completely for cleaning. Its hybrid conical body naturally stabilizes and concentrates the organic rich foam as it rises.
This Regal skimmer is quipped with a new generationReef Octopus controllable Direct Current VarioS pinwheel skimmer pump which are the latest in variable speed flow technology and allows for refined control, enhanced performance and efficiency.The vast majority of skimmerpumps available to hobbyist are alternating current "AC"pumps (the type of power that comes out of your wall outlet). Direct currentpumps have several key advantages over traditional ACpumps. Most notably, you can control the rotational speed of the motor, thus electronically control air and water flow rates into the skimmer.Now the user can have the skimmer process more or less water just by the push of a button!!!
In addition to allowing the pump to run at 5 different speeds, the new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a new level featuring:
- A float switch connection, which allows you to connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off the skimmer pump when your waste collector is full or shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you don’t need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
- Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals. These come handy when you are feeding the tank or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
- And the best feature of the VarioS controller is… a 0-10v input which will allow a 3rd party controller such as Neptune System’s APEX or Reef Angel to take over the pump and tell it what to do. In this mode, the new VarioS controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create intricate programs using your system controller native language. This is unprecedented controllability on a skimmer or water pump. In essence, you can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
The VarioSpumpfeatures a true slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over a period of approximately 10 seconds.
Thepumpand controller are connected via a waterproof 3-conductor union. The detachable controller will allow for a simple waterproof union. The volute can rotate to change thepump's output orientation in 90 degree intervals, meaning users can output water vertically (up or down) as well as horizontally.
- Small Footprint - Saves Sump Space
- Safe and Efficient 24V Power
- Solid Cast Acrylic Construction
- High Performance VarioSSkimmer Pump
- 5 Controllable Energy Saving Power Settings
- Detachable Controller with Waterproof Union
- Safety Float Switch
- 0-10v Input for 3rd Party Controller
- Integrated Memory
- Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals.
- Skimmer Disassembles for Easy Cleaning
Regal 150SSS Technical Specs
Footprint: 9in x 7.5in
Neck Size: 3in
Total Height: 23.6in
Output Size: 40mm/1.25in
Water Height: 7 - 8.5in
Reef Octopus VarioS Controllable Pinwheel Pump
Power Consumption: 15-25watts
Air Draw: 900 lph / 31.5 SCFH*
*Air and water results will vary depending on aquarium setup
-Two(2) year on pump body
- One(1) year on pump rotor
- One(1) year on skimmer body
Reef Octopus can not be responsible for consequential damages arising from installation or use of this product. Reef Octopus warrants the pump to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and conditions for the warranty period from the date of purchase.
CoralVue liability under this warranty shall be limited to repairing or replacing at CoralVue’s discretion, without charge. CoralVue will not be liable for any cost of removal, installation, transportation, or any other charges which may arise in a warranty claim.
*Reef Octopus reserves the right to change/modify this product without notice.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Reef Octopus