Neptune Systems Lunar Simulator Module LSM
Reefspecialty.com Price Matching
Submit the URL of the product page where you saw a lower price and we’ll try our best to match the price. We will match all our major competitors. Please make sure you are looking at the exact same product and that the competitor has the product IN STOCK.
Want to more accurately simulate the natural environment for your tank inhabitants?
Moonlight in the ocean is believed to be as significant as the time spent in full daylight. Moonlight triggers various internal and external biological activities among the many thousands of reef organisms. Many corals continue to grow under moonlight conditions and for some fish and coral it is important for the reproductive process. Also, night predators come out and cruise, while prey go into hiding.
The other benefit of moonlights is that it extends the time you can enjoy your aquarium and in a totally different way. We all like to go to our tank with a flashlight and see whats going on, but it can often startle many creatures and send them into hiding. With a moonlight, your tank has just enough light for you to see many of the fascinating things going on in the aquarium after the main lights go down.
Moon cycles are accurately simulated
With the Apex and the LSM – Lunar Simulator Module, you can load in the entire years lunar cycle data and your moonlight LED will dim and brighten according to the true lunar cycle. This has been shown to benefit spawning cycles in some tank organisms.
Features of the Lunar Simulator include:
- High intensity LEDs with a wide angle lense (100+ degrees) to provide the best possible coverage
- The AquaController dims the LEDs in phase with the true lunar cycle
- Available with 2 to 5 LEDs
- Plug and Play. Automatically recognized when installed into the system
- Two AquaBus connectors for flexible expansion to other modules via AquaBus
- Upgradeable firmware
- Compatible with all Apex systems
- Includes with 3′ AquaBus cable.
- Additional Information