Giesemann Nitrite NO2 Professional Test Kit
Reefspecialty.com Price Matching
Submit the URL of the product page where you saw a lower price and we’ll try our best to match the price. We will match all our major competitors. Please make sure you are looking at the exact same product and that the competitor has the product IN STOCK.
ADVANTAGES OF GIESEMANN TEST KITS:
- Up to 40 Professional Nitrite NO2 Tests
- Lab grade - Highly precise measurements
- Specifically designed for salt water application
- Calibrated dropping bottles for a constant drop size
- Well balanced measurement reagents
- Simple user manual
- High-quality color cards for determining the results
- Unambiguous color change
- Identical measurement results
- Strict quality control and batch testing
- Shelf life of up to 4 years without any reduction in quality
The GIESEMANN nitrite test is a specifically precise test focussing on the lower range ranging to 2.0 mg/l for the regular analysis of the water values.
Nitrite (NO2) is a chemical nitrogen compound and is toxic to fish and invertebrates. As Nitrate levels increase over 0.1mg/L , the function of haemoglobin necessary for the transport of oxygen in fishes' blood become blocked. Lethal concentrations cause chronic stress lowering fish's resistance to parasite and bacteria attacks, reducing food intake and growth, and can result in death.
In newly established salt water aquariums significant nitrite overconcentration can occur, especially if bacteria cultures aren’t sufficiently present.
Typically, established aquariums with a functioning nitrification do not show critical nitrite concentrations. If the concentration should rise nevertheless, ammonia (NH3) absolutely needs to be measured too. Increased Nitrate levels could be due to fish overpopulation, overfeeding and/or the use of medication that can disrupt or kill otherwise healthy bacteria.
- Additional Information
UPC No Manufacturer Giesemann