Aqua Classic 40 Watt UV Ultraviolet Light Sterilizer 3/4" 0r 2"
Reefspecialty.com Price Matching
Submit the URL of the product page where you saw a lower price and we’ll try our best to match the price. We will match all our major competitors. Please make sure you are looking at the exact same product and that the competitor has the product IN STOCK.
DetailsAqua UV 40W 3/4 inch Classic UV Sterilizer w/ WiperThe Classic Series UV's are ideal for ponds, aquariums, and water features. The Classic's rugged design has features that allow for quick installation and easy maintenance. Aqua Ultraviolet UV's will clear your water in 3 to 5 days sometimes overnight and keep it that way. Performance is guaranteed when sized, installed and operated according to our instructions.
Aqua UV Wiper:Always the leader in technology, Aqua Ultraviolet sets the industry standard again with its optional wiper system. With a simple push-pull operation once a week, your sterilizer can run at the optimal efficiency allowing for maximum UV transmission which destroys harmful bacteria and protozoa along with unsightly algae.
- Fresh Water Sterilizer: 1,200-2,000 gallons; Flowrate - 2,900 gph for 30,000 µw/cm2
- Fresh Water Clarifier: up to 6,000 gallons; ideal for water gardens
- Salt Water Sterilizer: up to 325 gallons; Flowrate - 967gph for 90,000 µw/cm2
- Dimensions: 43" X 4" X 2.5"
- Inlet: 3/4" barb or FPT, Outlet: 3/4" barb or FPT
- Available in white only
- Lightweight Unit Weighs: 7 lbs
What is a Sterilizer?A sterilizer will eliminate green water and control bacteria. The Classic 40 Watt, will sterilize up to 2,000 gallons of fresh water or 325 gallons of salt water.What is a Clarifier?Used as a Clarifier the Classic 40 Watt, will control green water in a freshwater environment of up to 6,000 gallons that has 50% to 75% plant coverage and partial shade.What works best for Marine Tanks?In marine fish tanks (No reef or live rock) a flow rate matching those shown in the 75,000 or 90,000 column will be most effective at controlling fish disease.How do I size a UV for a Reef Tanks?In salt water reef environments choose a UV that matches your flow rate per hour in the 30,000 or 45,000 columns of our chart. Flow rates in the 75,000 and 90,000 columns will destroy the planktonic food supply for the reef.
- No disassembly required
- Wiper keeps UV working at optimal performance
- No harmful cleaning agents needed
- Highest quality stainless steel rod
- Can be used in saltwater applications
- Housing: Limited lifetime warranty on housing against Ultraviolet degradation
- Complete Unit: One year from date of purchase or 18 months from manufacturing date
- Additional Information